Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon ceases operation of 2 lens plants
Amazed that nodbody yet reported this today, so I thought I would.

Nikon hans announced it wll close 2 of its lens plants in Japan.

Here is the original message:
https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXZQODZ0.../?unlock=1

And here a translation:
https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=&t...unlock%3D1

Not such good news, maybe Nikon is in a worse state than I actually thought it was.

Kind regards, WIm
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
They consolidate Japanese lens production in one plant, and produce other lenses in Taiwan, to reduce costs. Nothing to see here, really.
These were tiny factories anyway.

But sad for the employees, of course.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(02-05-2021, 08:59 AM)Klaus Wrote: These were tiny factories anyway.

One of the factories is in Aizu, Fukushima - where Sigma HQ is housed, so there's some hope, especially considering Sigma is performing very well right now.
You just can't have too many lenses...

(02-09-2021, 06:59 PM)faint Wrote:

One of the factories is in Aizu, Fukushima - where Sigma HQ is housed, so there's some hope, especially considering Sigma is performing very well right now.
Hikon actually has offered all empluyees new jobs in the remaining factories, provided they are willing to move.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....