Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
backup with too many duplicates, how to solve ?
I can see where you're coming from.  B) But so far, the system I'm using hasn't bothered me much. If I need to find something, I'm usually doing a basic filesystem search - it's not that I need to find something by its EXIF entries (like focal length and whatnot) very often. If I have it described, I will eventually find it.

Another thing is, as the database size grows, there may be hiccups. That's why the data in my mail.ru cloud has to be updated manually - at some point the tray utility has stopped working and I never found out why; presumably due to the sheer amount of entries (200K+ files, not only photos, by then).

BTW Markus, this is the 18th year since I began using Winamp. Smile The library appeared sometime in mid-2000s but after a short spell I gave up using it. I have a pretty good idea what I have on hand, and at any given time I'm usually listening to just a few artists until I get bored and switch to the next bunch. Rinse, repeat, rotate. Smile Besides, only two artists have remained in my toplist (to be spun regularly) for the last 15/20 years (Vangelis and Iron Maiden), the rest come and (sometimes) go. I have no appetite for Blackmore's Night now, for example, but give me (pretty much) anything with harsh vocals.  :lol:

Messages In This Thread
backup with too many duplicates, how to solve ? - by Guest - 11-04-2017, 10:51 AM
backup with too many duplicates, how to solve ? - by Rover - 11-07-2017, 05:10 PM