Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why big SLRs are better for weddings and events
Quote: I would like to say people recognize Canon as the camera of the professional wedding shooter, but I think the biggest, most elaborate gear would be what most people expect.  Expensive, complicated, and big!  That's what you want your photographer to show up with!
I don't know where people get these ideas.

I am mainly a landscape photographer but I have helped out my photography partner who shoots quiet a few weddings. He gets his "gigs" from people who see his work on his site or through personal references.

On the last wedding that we shot, I never once noticed either the bride or the groom looking at our gear and thinking "Oh, are their cameras and lenses big enough" or thinking something equally ridiculous.They were well and truly preoccupied with other things on their minds.

A wedding photographer is firstly judged on their previous work and secondly on what is delivered on their latest work.

We have never been asked if we shoot Canon or Nikon.

Incidentally, my partner now shoots Fuji. Mirrorless, unobtrusive and gets the jobs done.

Messages In This Thread
Why big SLRs are better for weddings and events - by Studor13 - 10-19-2016, 05:11 PM