Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
two weddings in the upcoming two weekends...
Nice, I've never used a fish eye. Been eyeing up the 8mm samyang. It's always fun watching the pro photog at a wedding and doing something different.
Exactly why get in a lose-lose comparison: If he likes better the photographer pictures that's not so nice for me. If he likes mine better he will say "why didn't you shoot the whole wedding"

So at the last minute I decided to do something different and checked what gap does he have and filled it. When your target is getting no more than two or three large prints you should act accordingly
In Lebanon they often do a pre wedding party which is practically a wedding party but only close family members are invited. (30-50 guests versus the usual 300+)

Mission accomplished

Quitte an easy job. 17-55 was amazingly practical.
It's a great lens!
Quote:It's a great lens!
Indeed, it's my reason I am still using canon APS-C
Another wedding however it wasn't what I had expected.

Too many people and the couple wanted pictures with everyone present. It was quite a hard job and ended up exhausted. I took 1700 pictures total. (A personal record)

I used 5D plus 24-105f4L IS, it did an awesome job.

Other lenses used Canon 100mm macro and 50f1.4 they never disappointed.

I also used my fisheye and it came out handy.

I didn't miss any lenses and I was very positively impressed with the Yongnuo flash performance 1500+ pictures where it showed a amazingly fast recycling time it was always ready, with very accurate exposure, it clearly outperformed my 580 EX.

What gear did I miss? It wasn't a lens nor a flash but I often felt the need for another camera body instead of swapping lenses, that's what I used to do in the previous weddings.