•  Previous
  • 10(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pentax FF K1 DSLR is out: Ephotozine Review!
  What did Fuji have to lose for god's sake?

Pentax remain a traditional company, even if they die in fifteen years, they will be making great cameras for that amount of time.

This argument is too black and white, we need different players in the market,  if there is just mirror-less, how boring will that be?

Agonizingly boringly yawn city,  that's how.

.......vivre la différence!
Dave's clichés
Sony hit a ceiling after deciding to pursue a different path than the classic DSLR; they had SLTs + MILCs while the DSLRs were growing fast. It wasn't the market.

The 10 years horizon is just a made-up number.

Small compact cameras have their value and place, and bigger rugged cameras with loog battery times and good ergonomics suited  even for glove use have their value and place.

The silly DSLR "hate" on here is just that, silly. Different ideas, tastes and preferences call for different gear. Pick the right tools for the job. The only thing Pentax still needs to address on the camera side is their iffy AF performance.

Pentax' user base is in SLR land. Giving those people a K1 makes sense, just like apparently it still makes sense to Sony to bring a A99 II.

Going APS-C mirrorless makes less sense for Ricoh at the moment, as they would just be an also-ran next to Sony CFKAN, EOS M, Fuji X, in what is still a small market. That they should diversify and also look at bigger than Q-sensor mirrorless and even a FF mirrorless, sure, when funds allow.

Yeah, here you feel like a radical revolutionary with a controversial cause, because you shoot a camera with a mirror in it Tongue

Dave's clichés
Old guy league again (oh sorry, not old guys, just the dying market, hahaha, that was a real good one, Dave Coolio!)... seeing "hate" and "dislike" and what else, where no one here actually hated any DSLR. Always better to be a victim, no? "Radical revolutionary", haha, I remember well what I had to read when I came up with the idea "why should I do AFMA, when the camera, given it's equipped with LiveView, can do it better and automatically itself?" BC had tons of reasons why this is impossible and now you see a D5 and D500 just doing it. Revolutionary, my ass, you just know this from reading books, ha!  Tongue

:lol:

Quote:I remember well what I had to read when I came up with the idea "why should I do AFMA, when the camera, given it's equipped with LiveView, can do it better and automatically itself?" BC had tons of reasons why this is impossible and now you see a D5 and D500 just doing it. R
Making stuff up again? :o
I guess taking things out of context again and losing all nuance.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)