Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from Kauai, Hawaii
Hello everyone,

The reason I didn't upload the photos here is because the interface doesn't allow you to to do so by batches (at least the last time I checked). It's therefore super inconvenient.

I could have put the links to the photos, but it's also quite inconvenient if I want to link to all the pictures since you have to add a link for every single photo.

In other words: I chose the quick and easy way  Wink

However, if there is an easy and quick way to show photos from a flickr account, please let me know!

I realized my photos on flickr cannot be downloaded through the interface. However, the flickr site is not well done since one can simply look at the html code of the page (usually by pressing ctrl-u) and locate the link to the source image and download it from there...

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to discuss/C&C/feedbacks/etc. whichever photos you may find interesting  Big Grin

Just tell me the name of the photos you would like me the post here for discussion and I'll do it (eg. FUJI5716).

Thanks!

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Well, I like above photo. I like that you did not try to get the animal all in focus, now the sharpness of the head and eyes "pop". Very nice.

Quote:Hello everyone,

The reason I didn't upload the photos here is because the interface doesn't allow you to to do so by batches (at least the last time I checked). It's therefore super inconvenient.

I could have put the links to the photos, but it's also quite inconvenient if I want to link to all the pictures since you have to add a link for every single photo.

In other words: I chose the quick and easy way  Wink

However, if there is an easy and quick way to show photos from a flickr account, please let me know!

I realized my photos on flickr cannot be downloaded through the interface. However, the flickr site is not well done since one can simply look at the html code of the page (usually by pressing ctrl-u) and locate the link to the source image and download it from there...

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to discuss/C&C/feedbacks/etc. whichever photos you may find interesting  Big Grin

Just tell me the name of the photos you would like me the post here for discussion and I'll do it (eg. FUJI5716).

Thanks!
Good pictures, there are plenty, as for the lizard pictures, the colors and details are amazing, I would have preferred more DOF are rotating the picture 90 degrees  clockwise, but that's just me.

The intersting point with the lizard picture to me is: They can walk down a wall heads forward and the out of focus tail attracts me to look at the picture a second time, after the details alrready triggered my attention. I do that a lot, too.

But what I do less (and should do better) are highly detailed wide-angles with a well balanced foreground, It nearly sucks my look into the deep valley. A bit scary.

Really enjoyable album, and a surprising landscape in Kauai!

As far as the photography, I was most impressed by the 55-200. Some of my favorites of the bunch.

Quote:Well, I like above photo. I like that you did not try to get the animal all in focus, now the sharpness of the head and eyes "pop". Very nice.

Thank you BC, I agree.

I actually wanted to take it at f4.8, but the aperture ring gets too easily turned by accident...

That's one thing that annoys me with Fuji lenses: their lack of consistency when it comes to the aperture ring. Most lenses don't offer enough resistance and you accidently change the aperture without noticing. And some lenses have it too stiff for some reasons.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
[Image: 25541789695_173372a785_b.jpg]

Maybe you didn't expect this one, but it has everything of a great picture not just a vacation snapshot.

Technique wise nothing to complain about, great colors and sharpness, the light beams and the lighting effect  on the hair  is awesome, and of course  the  wonderful daughter you have, it's great to enjoy a vacation and take such great pictures at the same time, I am sure she will be very happy with those pictures once she is grown up

Quote:Good pictures, there are plenty, as for the lizard pictures, the colors and details are amazing, I would have preferred more DOF are rotating the picture 90 degrees  clockwise, but that's just me.

Thank you, toni-a. As far as DOF goes I guess it's a matter of preferences. I agree with BC in the sens that it makes it more "pop".

I tried to rotate the lizard at +90 +180 and +270°, but for some reason I still like the original angle better.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:The intersting point with the lizard picture to me is: They can walk down a wall heads forward and the out of focus tail attracts me to look at the picture a second time, after the details alrready triggered my attention. I do that a lot, too.

But what I do less (and should do better) are highly detailed wide-angles with a well balanced foreground, It nearly sucks my look into the deep valley. A bit scary.

Thanks JoJu.

About wide angles. I like the 14mm (21mm FF equiv) because it's not too wide. With ultra wide-angle lenses (~14-16mm FF), I find it challenging to get interesting shots because one needs to find a very interesting foreground subject.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:[Image: 25541789695_173372a785_b.jpg]

Maybe you didn't expect this one, but it has everything of a great picture not just a vacation snapshot.

Technique wise nothing to complain about, great colors and sharpness, the light beams and the lighting effect  on the hair  is awesome, and of course  the  wonderful daughter you have, it's great to enjoy a vacation and take such great pictures at the same time, I am sure she will be very happy with those pictures once she is grown up

Thanks for the kind words, Toni.

What you're saying is interesting, because the sun burst is actually the reason why I posted this pic ;-)

In fact, that's what I wanted to capture (but not as well as I had envisioned). What the photo doesn't show however, is how many shots I took before getting a descent one...

My daughter is cute, but she's just impossible to capture. She never faces the camera and she makes faces, turns around, runs towards you all the time, etc. I guess that's one reason to own a Canon 1D-X, ahah.

This picture is not exaclty what I had in mind, but that's all I could get before the light was gone.

Moral of the story: shooting adults is so much easier ;-)

--Florent

Flickr gallery