•  Previous
  • 10(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm almost wondering ...
Well I am sure Pentax will eventually make a mirrorless body, but it won't be in the immediate future, I recently went Canon mirrorless and I have been using Sony mirrorless for 3 years, for underwater photography I used to use Olympus and now Fuji ...
(04-06-2020, 10:57 AM)toni-a Wrote: Well I am sure Pentax will eventually make a mirrorless body, but it won't be in the immediate future, I recently went Canon mirrorless and I have been using Sony mirrorless for 3 years, for underwater photography I used to use Olympus and now Fuji ...

There was K-01, a K mount mirrorless. I suppose they could had introduced a new mount and included an adaptor. But then it would depreciate K mount. So I suppose it boils down to Pentax not having the money Sony had to waste alpha mount.and introduce E mount...
Well, they had the money for introducing the Q mount. Instead, they could have introduced a more competitive mirrorless system.
I reckon they wanted to build upon their strengths of providing something tiny. Even tinier than MFT. But a 1/1.7" sensor was a bit much.
That being said, I quite liked the Q-S1. I still have it in my closet.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(04-06-2020, 01:02 PM)Klaus Wrote: Well, they had the money for introducing the Q mount. Instead, they could have introduced a more competitive mirrorless system.
I reckon they wanted to build upon their strengths of providing something tiny. Even tinier than MFT. But a 1/1.7" sensor was a bit much.
That being said, I quite liked the Q-S1. I still have it in my closet.

Management ain't the strong point of Pentax. Personally I think Pentax newfound focus on full frame ain't the answer either.

So it seems they will fade away along with K mount.

Edit.

My prediction. Pentax will close within a decade, Nikon will bankrupt in 5 years and they will be bought by some other company, Sony will exit cameras within the decade Canon will provide full frame and only consumer level APS-c. So buy Fuji. LoL

One final point camera companies need to make money or contibute to the general profitability by their existance. I don't know a lot about photography but I know a bad investment and when I see Sony or Nikon I have a feeling of seeing a dead man walking regardless of their good quality of product. Pentax in that respect is already irrelevant from an financial point. So I guess Pentax bashers are halfway right but where is the good taste in beating a dead horse?
https://pentaxrumors.com/2019/11/23/an-i...or-europe/

In this they say Pentax has not made a final decision on miroless or a partnership for a new mount.
https://fstoppers.com/gear/pentax-likely...era-473010
(04-06-2020, 06:16 PM)toni-a Wrote: https://fstoppers.com/gear/pentax-likely...era-473010

But they have announced a DSLR model under development. So at least in that aspect the link is wrong.

Edit.

Actually I am NOT interested in convincing anyone so after I have voiced my opinion I will call it a day and ignore the thread.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)